- Peace of mind process Offering the easiest arrangement process in the industry as we take care of the entire process from start to finish.
- Customized service With the widest range of service options in the industry we will ensure your entire family is completely satisfied with our services.
- Affordable options Our services are provided without financial stress. Pricing is often half the cost of a traditional funeral home.
- Locations near you We hold memorials, traditional funerals, burials and cremations at 100's of locations across Ontario.
- Trusted team Combining traditional experience with industry leading customer service, we serve over 1,200 families every year in Ontario.
What is Basic Funerals?
We are a licensed funeral home serving Ontario. In fact, we serve over 1,000 families every year. We do operate differently than a traditional funeral home but we provide the same services. We do basic cremations with no formal service as well as funeral services at cemetery chapels and other non-funeral home venues.
Money Back Guarantee
We will give you 110% of your money back if you feel your experience was not easy and respectful.
Is this a complicated process?
No. We make the process as easy as possible. Our funeral directors will guide you through the process and make sure you are aware of all of your options.
Are you a licensed funeral home?
Where will the funeral be located?
We hold memorials and funerals at churches, chapels and venues across Ontario. Our staff will find you the perfect location so everyone in your family has a great experience.
Where are you located?
Our head office is in Mississauga however we serve almost all of Ontario. Our funeral directors can meet you at one of our locations close to you, in your home, or the arrangements can be done completely online and over the phone.
Can you handle XYZ special request?
Almost certainly yes. One of the most rewarding part of our jobs is to hold memorable and meaningful services. We are happy to receive personalized requests to make the event as unique as the person’s life being celebrated.
We're in the media
The Globe and Mail -
Eternal rest is just a few clicks away
Toronto Star -
Funeral planning enters cyberspace
Ottawa Citizen -
Most arrangements can be done from home
Peterborough Funerals and Cremations
At Basic Funerals we speak with families in Peterborough daily about what they want in a funeral or cremation service, both for themselves and their family members. These experiences have shown us that every family wants something different, whether it is something very simple or very extravagant, it is important that families receive the type of service they want. In delivering these services to families we feel that it is so important to deliver a professional service with absolute attention to detail.
Unlike most Peterborough funeral homes we don’t create inflexible packages that families must choose from, instead we tailor our services to exactly what you want to create real meaning for the family of the loved. At Basic Funerals we give families in Peterborough exactly what they want:
- We are the first funeral home in Peterborough to make arranging funerals and cremations truly easy. You can fill out our online forms and speak to us over the phone, or our funeral directors can meet with you in person, even from the comfort of your own home.
- We have added transparency to the funeral and cremation process by providing our service information and pricing right on our website.
- We are not a broker. We are a fully licensed funeral establishment with licensed funeral directors serving the city of Peterborough. We offer services in Peterborough from a basic cremation to a traditional funeral, to something unique created just for your family.
We created Basic Funerals to change what we felt was missing in so called “traditional” funeral services. Our goal is to provide you and your family complete convenience and to always listen to what you want. Our mission is to assure that we meet all of your expectations and continue to improve on the traditional.